A real frustration for drivers is leaking windshields. There are several red flags to let you know if yours is leaking. Some things indicative of a leak that you should watch for are:
● An odor of moisture or mildew in your vehicle
● Rust stains on your carpet mats
● Wet interior or carpets with no explanation
● Fogged up windows
● Rust or discoloration
Diagnosing Windshield Leaks
Never underestimate a small windshield leak. It can quickly accumulate on the dash, headliner, and carpet causing some challenging side effects to clean and repair. Your windshield stabilizes your entire vehicle and is essential to check regularly for signs of leaks. If you discover holes around the edges of your windshield, call an auto glass specialist right away to look at repairing the leak.
How to Tell if a Leak Is Coming From Your Windshield
Spray your windshield with soapy water. Then use an air compressor to spray the trim on the inside of your windshield trim. If one place bubbles the water, that is the source of your leak. You can also test for leaks with a standard garden hose. Spray the windshield while another person sits inside looking for any water leaking through to the interior.
What If It’s Not Leaking From the Windshield?
● Check the door seals. Like your windshield, your doors have seals that wear with weather and deteriorate over time.
● Check your sunroof seals are intact or have a professional check them for leaks.
● Look for condensation or water dripping from the underside of your interior. Moisture there is often is a sign that your air conditioner is broken and leaking.
Auto Glass Repair and Replacement in the Twin Cities, Minnesota
If you suspect a leak in your vehicle, call Only 1 Auto Glass Repair and Replacement. We have a combined 150 years experience in the automotive glass industry. Our company is employee-owned, and our customers see the benefits in the way we conduct business and the quality of our work. For fast, friendly, auto glass repair and replacement at competitive prices, Only 1 Auto Glass is the company for you! Just call us at 651-789-1111, or you can message us on our contact page.
Contact Us for More Information