Every day, car owners throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota bring their vehicles to Only 1 Auto Glass for windshield repair. Although each circumstance is unique, the process of replacing the windshield is the same. Below we go over a detailed description of how windshield replacement works and what you can expect when you come to our service center. If you have any further questions about our auto glass repair service, you can call us or message us.
What Causes Windshield Damage?
Several things can damage your windshield. What are some of the most common causes of cracks, chips, or scratches?
● Driving behind a construction vehicle or garbage truck
● Driving down a gravel road
● Improper windshield construction and installation
● A collision with another car or object
● Vandalism or theft
● Extreme changes in temperature, wind pressure, or other weather conditions
● Faulty windshield wipers
Given these cases, our technicians are certified and well-trained to repair or replace your windshield when any of these incidents occur. We have the right tools and equipment necessary for any job you give to us.
What Factors are Involved in Windshield Repair?
When you bring your automobile into our service center, we look at all the factors involved in the repair and then decide what we need to do. In many cases, we’ll need to replace your windshield. Some of the factors that determine whether we repair or replace your windshield include:
● Size/Depth of Damage. Any small crack or chip that is contained will warrant a repair. More extensive damage will require replacement.
● Type of Glass Damage. Different types of damage range from chips and tiny singular cracks to spider web cracks, a series of cracks or breakage.
● Location of Windshield. The location of the damage is essential. Will it obscure the driver’s view? Is it in an area of the windshield that is vulnerable such as the edge?
How Does Windshield Replacement Work?
After we assess the damage to the windshield, two technicians will work together to install the new windshield. The objective is to place the glass in the frame so that there are no leaks, wind noise, or gaps between the glass and the frame. We use either factory or OEM glass products that are designed for your vehicle make and model. Our skilled specialists can typically complete the job within an hour (depending on the size and nature of the job).
We will remove all of the old glass, apply an industrial grade adhesive to the mounting area, clean the glass, and implement the new windshield into the frame. The resin takes about an hour to dry once we complete the job. Any stickers that were attached to your previous windshield will be applied to the new windshield if they are not damaged. Once the adhesive dries, we remove the protective tape, and you are ready to go.
We recommend that you leave windshield replacement to experienced professionals who know how to do the job right the first time. If you would like to schedule a windshield replacement, contact Only 1 Auto Glass. We provide comprehensive windshield repair and replacement for all personal and commercial vehicles in the Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota area. Call us today at 651-789-1111.
Contact Us for More Information